- This past weekend, Cory and I attended a family reunion (my mom’s side) and I had a blasty-blast. Can you guess how many family members were there? If you guessed 380, you’d be correct.
Some of my gorgeous cousins!
- My brother thinks I’m annoying, and he can no longer dispute it. It was caught on film.
Caption 1: “Colleen, you are an annoying gnat. I won’t talk to you.”
Caption 2: “Seriously, Colleen. What the hell do you want from me?”
Caption 3: “Oh fine. I’ll take a GD picture with you.”
- My cousin Amy is the kind of person I want to hang out with all the time. She had me laughing all weekend! We attempted to workout on Saturday morning, but when we got to the gym, all the machines were in use. Then we decided we’d go outside for a workout, only to find it was raining. We figured the intent to workout probably burned some calories, right?
- I held a baby. Three years ago, I technically held a baby for the first time in my life, but I was slightly pressured into it (the good intention was there – I just wasn’t ready for it!)
But this weekend, for the first time in my life, I said: Okay, let me hold the baby. (My cousin and his wife have a 7 month old) It went much better than expected. He didn’t cry or have explosive diarrhea as soon as I touched him. My cousin’s wife was also chill as hell, which helped immensely. She was like, You won’t break him, but you I get why you don’t want to hold him.
- I love my grandma because she’s so awesome. How many 82-year-olds do you know who take funny pictures like this with their grown children? Or stay up until 3 AM, three nights in a row drinking bourbon, for that matter?
- My mom is the boss of the world (and I love her.) Pictured here, she wanted everyone’s full attention before singing a patriotic song. Don’t ask questions.
- I love Cory for his presence on the dance floor.
It was such a great event planned by one branch of our family (YAYY, Mary Ellen and the 10′s!) and I’m sad that it went by so quickly. It’s a reunion that happens once every 5 years – and I’m already looking forward to the next one!
Let’s chat – How many (first) cousins do you have? 10 on my mom’s side and 9 on my dad’s!