1. Christmastime is my favorite time of the year, but the pressure of finding the perfect gifts for my loved ones by a certain date stresses me out. I LOVE gift-giving, but I do it throughout the year; if I see something that reminds me of you, I’ll buy it. I like that much better. Less pressure.
2. My BFF, Emily, sent me proofs of the baby shower invites that she made, and my heart swelled five sizes. I am so hashtag blessed.
3. I shared this on my personal Facebook page at Thanksgiving and forgot to share it anywhere else, but Penny was so thrilled to have my brother around.
4. I got pulled over by a cop this weekend for running a stop sign. When he asked if I had an excuse, I said, “I’m a pregnant lady on her way to Sweet Frog. It’s not an excuse, but it’s the truth” and I apologized for running the stop sign. He told me he appreciated my honesty and didn’t give me ticket.
5. I’m ashamed by some of the lazy thoughts I’ve had recently. Like: I wish I had a seat in my shower so I didn’t have to stand here. Please share some of your lazy thoughts with me.
6. I remember when I was newly pregnant and was lamenting to my cousin Sarah about feeling bloated. She told me that there would be a time during my second trimester when I felt cute, and I didn’t believe her. She was right, and I feel cute.
7. I was majorly anti-Taylor Swift for a long time. Then she came out with 1989, along with a new-and-improved personality, and I adore her. She wildly eloquent, she’s been speaking her mind regarding feminism, and I’m a total fangirl now.
8. As a part of my job, I’m a public speaker. I train lots of people on various topics. I normally get the most positive feedback and complimentary comments on my presentation style, but public speaking remains one of my biggest fears. What’s up with that?!
9. Serious question: In the winter, do you sleep with socks on? I love to because my feet get so cold but Cory thinks it’s gross. But he also doesn’t want me to touch him with my cold feet. What’s a cold girl to do?! The struggle is real, friends.
10. Sometimes I make [decaf] coffee just to keep my hands warm.