Life is so wonderful, and so full of happy things, that sometimes words fail to describe it’s goodness. If you look for them, the little things add up quickly, and it’s difficult not to be overwhelmed by joy.
Here are some little things that have happened lately that reminded me how HAPPY life can be
– My brother’s girlfriend sent me the most perfect keychain ever. #HungerGamesSuperFan
– Going out to dinner with Cory, and getting overly excited when my best friend and her parents (my “Richmond parents”) walked through the door and got seated right next to us!
– Getting a haircut and not hating it. (Alert the press: I took a selfie! I took it to send to my mom, if that makes it any less douche-y.) I’ve been known to cry after getting haircuts, so this is so not a little thing. I wish I was kidding.
– Ethiopian food. Richmond friends, you MUST check out Addis downtown! The food is incredible, and the entire experience is (what I imagine to be) super authentic. I mean, any time I eat dinner without silverware, but with injera (Ethiopian bread), I consider it to be authentic.
– Waiting all week for my beloved Friday cup of decaf coffee. It might be the crazy in me, or the fact that I have dwindled my 4 – 5 cups of coffee per week to one cup of decaf coffee per week, but man, 7-11 coffee is where it’s at.
– A Sunday morning breakfast date with my main squeeze, and breaking my one-coffee-per-week-
jail sentence – rule. Watch out world, a decaffeinated rebel walks amongst you. Richmond friends, Brick House Diner in Midlothian is the perfect little breakfast place!
– Hosting a bridal shower at my house for my friend, Danielle!
– Having a doggy who just wuvs to be near me.
– Having a functioning garage door thanks to my a) my parents for buying it and b) my SUPER handy husband. Seriously, there’s nothing that this guy can’t make/fix/do.
– Being well, appreciating the gift of an able-body (working out is a gift, not a chore!), and having a job that I genuinely enjoy! (<— Not little things, but they are things that make me happy every day!)
Let’s chat – Tell me a “little thing” that makes YOUR life great!