On Wednesday, I wanted to take my “I’m going to try to be extra healthy this week” plan and break it over my knee.
I really, really wanted a Spicy Chicken Combo from Wendy’s.
And I wanted frozen yogurt for dessert.
I’m just telling you the nasty truth, friends.
But, I knew it wasn’t smart to go spend money on food when I had spent time and money planning out this week’s dinners. And I knew my tummy would hate me after such a meal. So rather than going out and ending up with the inevitable stomachache – we made a healthier version of my coveted spicy chicken combo.
It was simple, really. And it hit the spot… without packing on the pounds.
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Take a sandwich bag, fill ‘er up with pretzel sticks and get to crushing.
3. Place pretzel crumbs in a bowl and add a 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper + salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a separate bowl, measure out 2 tablespoons of honey and coat chicken.
5. Once chicken breast is coated in honey, place in pretzel mixture.
6. Place on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes at 375.
We also cut up some red potatoes tossed in some olive oil and cooked them in a pan. Once they were cooked, we seasoned them with garlic salt. YUM!
I’m not going to tell you that this tasted as good as Wendy’s. But I will tell you that it filled me up, and my Crohn’s was much more agreeable with this version 😉
So there you have it! A healthy spin on my fast food favorite! 😀
Let’s chat –
Do you have healthy versions of your fast food favorites?
Do you ever feel guilty spending money on eating out when you have perfectly good food at home?