Cory started playing in a recreational football league yesterday. It’s classified as “extreme social.” That means that the team plays a 40 minute game each Sunday, then goes and drinks at a local bar while watching professional football.
I don’t play sports, so I volunteered to be the
Apparently, a teammate’s girlfriend was a step ahead of me and brought mimosas to the game.
I was impressed.
Needless to say, Cory and I both took Sunday Funday to a new level, and I’m movin’ a little slowly this morning. A more coherent post about my weekend was in the plans, but here are a few pictures instead.
- Friday morning I got the weekend party started early and stopped by Starbucks to cash in on half of my Living Social deal. It was nice and cool outside and the thought of a PSL sounded so perfect.
- On Saturday, Jamie and Emily came over to hang out with us. We ate snacks and watched The Hunger Games. God, thank you for friends with whom I can hang out in PJs and feel totally comfortable.
- That evening, Cory and I met up with his parents for dinner at Bonefish. I went to town on some Bang Bang Shrimp and I’m not even going to apologize for it. We had plans to check out the golf course at our new neighborhood, but a wicked storm changed those plans. #nofilter
- Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. Campbell woke us up at 7:15, but rather than bitch and moan, we decided to take advantage. We took him on a nice, long walk with coffees in hand. It was even cool enough for us to wear sweaters (!!!). I was the Queen of Wishful Thinking and continued the sweater look at Cory’s football game. Emphasis on the sweat.
- After spending too much time Sunday Funday-ing, I came home and blindly pulled out the first comfy clothes I could get my hands on. Only later did I realize I was dressed in my high school PE uniform…
And with that, I’m off to start my Monday! I hope you have a great day!
Let’s chat – What did your Saturday look like?