The phrase: Time flies when you’re having fun seems most appropriate to explain how I’m comprehending that it’s really been a YEAR since Cory and I tied the knot.
Our wedding day was, hands down, the happiest day of life. Someone once told me that the first year of marriage was the hardest year – and I couldn’t disagree more! While we’ve had some normal “growing pains” – we’ve been having an absolute blast.
Here’s a look back at the fun we had during our first year of marriage!
- We spent the first week as husband and wife on our honeymoon in the beautiful St. Lucia.
- In October, we adopted our sweet boy, Campbell. Talk about an adjustment! We’ve learned so much about ourselves by adopting a rescue dog. Challenging? At times. Rewarding? Always.
- In November, we ran our first half marathon! We trained so hard for this, and it was such a great feeling to meet our goal time and cross the finish line together!
- Come December, we made our annual trip to see Cory’s grandparents in North Carolina and we also took a weekend trip to NYC with our friends.
- We also happened to make our first big purchase as a married couple.
- In the beginning of the year, Cory was offered a new job. In a matter of three weeks we left our jobs, got rid of our apartment, left my hometown, and packed up to move to Richmond. It was so scary at the time, but it’s one of the best decisions we’ve ever made.
- We hosted our first Easter brunch! Both families were here in our tiny apartment, and the smoke detector only went off once!
- Finally, after being unemployed for two months, I got a wonderful job in Richmond! If you want to grow closer as a married couple – try being the unemployed one for a few months (no, don’t.) It was a very difficult time for me (emotionally), but it made us even stronger as a couple.
- And to close out of first year of marriage, we bought a house!
It’s been a pretty amazing year to say the least. Here’s to hoping for many, many more.