Hi, blog friends! A big thanks to all of you for your kind words about it being okay to vent from time to time. I’d hug each of ya if I could!
Try and tell me that’s not so cute
I know this blog my place to do whatever I want (that sounds bossy), but I don’t want to bore you fabulous readers with my mundane annoyances
After work I spent some quality time at the gym. My fitness ADD was in full swing today. Proof:
- 15 minutes on the stair master
- 10 minutes hill/speed walking (incline 5.5, speed 3.6)
- 15 minutes on the stair master again
- 20 minutes on the elliptical
I tried to make my switches during the commercial breaks. Gotta love Law & Order marathons
In the food arena, I’m try to make this week interesting: I’m not buying groceries this week.
No, this is not a crash diet
I normally spend a good chunk of change on my weekly Sunday grocery trips. I don’t know about you, but money doesn’t grow on trees in my neighborhood – and after a fun week of spring break, I could afford to save a couple a dollar bills
So my new “challenge” is to eat most of my meals at the dining hall (because a free meal plan is included with my assistantship) with the exception of dinner on class nights. The food at this dining hall is noteworthy as there are a wide variety of options – even an entire gluten-free station. But I’ve shied away from the dining hall this year because:
- I like to know exactly what I’m putting into my mouth
- Not being able to eat cereal whenever I want makes me slightly anxious
- Being unable to find a seat during the “meal rush” is mildly obnoxious.
- Let’s be serious – who doesn’t need to run to the bathroom after eating 90% of the food served in a college dining hall?
The real challenge is going to be not gaining 5 pounds. Self-control and planning have to be my top priorities. I mean, fries and soft serve available at every meal? That should be illegal
I’ll do my best to frequent the salad bar
And try not to “sample” something from every station
We’ll see how it goes!
Let’s chat – What are/were your dining hall tips in college? Do you ever feel like you can’t make up your mind when you’re working out? Random – would you be interested in me posting a video post sometime soon? I normally love it when bloggers post videos and answer silly questions, just because I like to hear what their voices sound like!