Hi, blog friends! A big thanks to all of you for your kind words about it being okay to vent from time to time. I’d hug each of ya if I could!
Try and tell me that’s not so cute 😉
I know this blog my place to do whatever I want (that sounds bossy), but I don’t want to bore you fabulous readers with my mundane annoyances 😉
After work I spent some quality time at the gym. My fitness ADD was in full swing today. Proof:
- 15 minutes on the stair master
- 10 minutes hill/speed walking (incline 5.5, speed 3.6)
- 15 minutes on the stair master again
- 20 minutes on the elliptical
I tried to make my switches during the commercial breaks. Gotta love Law & Order marathons 😉
In the food arena, I’m try to make this week interesting: I’m not buying groceries this week.
No, this is not a crash diet 😉
I normally spend a good chunk of change on my weekly Sunday grocery trips. I don’t know about you, but money doesn’t grow on trees in my neighborhood – and after a fun week of spring break, I could afford to save a couple a dollar bills 😉
So my new “challenge” is to eat most of my meals at the dining hall (because a free meal plan is included with my assistantship) with the exception of dinner on class nights. The food at this dining hall is noteworthy as there are a wide variety of options – even an entire gluten-free station. But I’ve shied away from the dining hall this year because:
- I like to know exactly what I’m putting into my mouth
- Not being able to eat cereal whenever I want makes me slightly anxious
- Being unable to find a seat during the “meal rush” is mildly obnoxious.
- Let’s be serious – who doesn’t need to run to the bathroom after eating 90% of the food served in a college dining hall?
The real challenge is going to be not gaining 5 pounds. Self-control and planning have to be my top priorities. I mean, fries and soft serve available at every meal? That should be illegal 😉
I’ll do my best to frequent the salad bar
And try not to “sample” something from every station 😉
We’ll see how it goes!
Let’s chat – What are/were your dining hall tips in college? Do you ever feel like you can’t make up your mind when you’re working out? Random – would you be interested in me posting a video post sometime soon? I normally love it when bloggers post videos and answer silly questions, just because I like to hear what their voices sound like!