I know some people (my former self included) classify this blog as a “healthy living blog,” but I’m starting to shy away from that label and instead, referring to this as a “lifestyle blog.” Even though I do make an attempt to be healthy, I’m certainly not a pro.
I’ll put it out there and say that recently, I’ve gain a few LBs. Nothing drastic – my clothes technically still fit, but the scale doesn’t lie and I notice that I’m slightly more…soft?
I know what you’re thinking: Wahh, wahhh. Poor Colleen. She’s not fat but she thinks she is.
FALSE! I know I’m nowhere near being overweight! I just don’t feel that awesome. I know most women will be able to identify with this, but some troll is bound to send me an email telling me how awful and vain I am (post for another day!)
Simply put: I know I’m capable of feeling better – i.e. stronger and full of more energy. It’s time to get back on track.
Here’s what I know:
- I drink too much (and I’m not willing to give it up entirely)
- I have a raging sweet tooth
- I don’t eat foods with enough substance (i.e. PB&J all day err’day)
- I don’t drink enough water
- I’m not as energetic as I could be
- I SUCK SUCK SUCK at meal planning.
- I’ve been skipping many AM workouts because I’m lazy as hell. It literally pains me to get up at 5:20.
Here’s what I need:
- An individualized plan. Once something is written out and it’s a set goal, I have no problem sticking to it. I just can’t seem to do this for myself!
- A little help. I’ll be honest, reading all about “good foods” and “bad foods” completely overwhelms me. Everything seems to cause The Cancer, AMIRIGHT? I love Splenda, but apparently it’s killing me slowly.
- Stop comparing myself to girls and bloggers void of “soft parts.”
- Also, I have Crohn’s, so that always tends to fuck my shit up (see what I did there?) no matter what I seem to do. It’s terribly frustrating.
There’s really no point to this post (sorry) other than to just share where I’m at. Normally I wait to write about a topic once I’ve “figured it out for myself,” but not today, you lucky ducks! If you’re in the same boat, or have any tips and tricks, please share in the comment section!