I was home this week for class, and in my childhood bedroom are stacks upon stacks of notebooks filled with my innermost thoughts from the ages of 11 to 23. When I was younger, I felt nerdy for constant journaling, but now I think it’s pretty cool that I documented a good chunk of my life.
Reading through pages of my journals, I wanted so badly to have the ability to shake my past self and tell her a few things:
1. 7th grade self, you are not as fat as you think you are.
2. 8th grade self, please don’t try to play basketball or softball ever again. You are terrible awkward.
3. 9th grade self, no – you will not marry your current boyfriend. Stop being a diva.
4. 10th grade self, nope – still not getting married to him. And it’s okay that you’re not drinking on the weekends like everyone else. Wait a years – you’ll catch up 😉
5. 11th grade self, WEAR SUN SCREEN.
6. 12th grade self, stop worrying about going off to college and not being smart enough. Little do you know, you’re about to experience the best four years of your life.
7. Freshman self, yes, finally. This is the boyfriend you will end up marrying.
8. Sophomore self, bitches be crazy. Friendship is about quality, not quantity.
9. Junior self, you should drink more.
10. Senior self, little do you know, all of your worrying is for not. Slow down. Things will work out. Stop sweating the small stuff. And really, 99.9% of the stuff you worry about, is small stuff 😉
Let’s chat – What would you tell your 9th grade self?