Boy howdy have I got a dinner for you.
Not too long ago, I tweeted out in desperation. I was (okay – still am) hoarding quick and easy dinner recipes.
Quick and Easy (n): A dinner that doesn’t require me to purchase 10 ingredients, can be cooked in an hour or less (bonus points for being able to be cooked ahead of time), and most importantly – it tastes good.
I’m a busy young lady, you know? It’s a dilemma because I don’t have time to slave over a meal in the kitchen, but homegirl likes to eat. Thank goodness Jenn was there to save the
Jenn is a gorgeous girl who is a fellow Longwood alumna. In college, we knew of each other, but didn’t know each other. Through the blog, I’ve come to chat with her many times – and I’m so bummed we didn’t hang out in college. She’s super nice and she has stellar recipes 😉
I mean really. Chicken. Broccoli. Cheese. A buttery-cracker crust. I’m in love.
I had most of the ingredients in my possession, but even if I didn’t – this dinner is super affordable, and that’s something I appreciate!
Jenn’s Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Prep time: 10 minutes (not including the time I left the chicken in the crock pot while I was at work. Bonus! Some prep can be done ahead of time )
Cook time: 30 – 35 minutes
Serves: 5 – 6
What you’ll need
– 2 or 3 large chicken breasts
– 10 oz of frozen broccoli
– 1 can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup
– 1/2 cup of plain Chobani Greek yogurt
– half a stick of butter
– Sleeve of Whole Wheat Ritz crackers
– Shredded cheddar cheese
What you’ll need to do
– Boil chicken until cooked all the way through and cut into bite size pieces (I cooked it in the crock pot and shredded mine – it worked well!)
– Spray Pam on bottom and sides of regular size casserole dish.
– Cook the broccoli as directed on package and spread on bottom of casserole dish.
– Spread chicken evenly over top of broccoli.
– Mix Cream of Chicken soup and Chobani together and spread on top of chicken and broccoli layer.
– Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top (as much as your heart desires!)
– Melt butter and mix with crushed Ritz crackers. (Jenn normally just eye balls this part with how much butter and crackers…the point is to get almost all the pieces of crackers moist from the melted butter.)
– Sprinkle cracker mix on top of cheese .
– Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly at 350 degrees.
I served this dinner with a side salad and Pillsbury rolls which made for quite the filling dinner. Plus, it was quick and easy and oh-so-tasty. Next time you want a fast dinner, I highly recommend this dish!
Like I said – I’m hoarding quick recipes and/or crock pot recipes. What are you favorites? Link up and spread the deliciousness!
Cheddar cheese or mozzarella? Mozzarella for me!