I love reading other bloggers’ Friday Favorite-type posts because I’m always on the lookout to try new-to-me products. I’m not saying I’ll do this kind of post every Friday, but I would like to make it regular thang.
1. I’m obsessed with the newest addition to my coffee mug collection, thanks to my Christmas present from my BFF, Emily. I had never heard of Ashley Brooke Designs, but I feel like she’ll be collecting large sums of my money in the near future.
2. L’Oreal’s Magic Anti-Redness primer. [I can’t find a link to the exact product that I picked up from Ulta, but think this is the same thing.] I went out and bought it the day after I watched Fran use it in her video, that’s how serious I was about trying this out. My skin tone is uneven; my chin, nose and around my eyes are always kind of red, so I had to buy it. I’m glad to say I totally approve! [FYI: Fran just posted a new video reviewing all her favorite DRUG STORE products. Check it out here!]
I took a picture after the first time I used it, and was 100% sold. Redness, be gone!
3. My new Kor water bottle. When I was contacted about trying the product, I jumped at the chance. Guys, I am drinking so much water these days, and I’m not always in my house or office when I need to refill my water bottle, so the fact that this has a built-in filter reeled me right in. The top pops right open to reveal a nice straw, and I love the fact that it doesn’t sweat.
[FYI: I was sent this product for free, but was not compensated or required to post about it.]
4. Aussie’s 3 Minute Miracle is not totally new to me, but it’s been a long while since I’ve used it. My hair has been bone dry lately, so I revisited this product and was not disappointed. If you’ve never tried this, I highly recommend it! I just use it in place of conditioner and it works wonders.
5. SERIAL. I’m so not a podcast person – like, at all. They bore me, really. It’s a fluke that I started listening to this when it first aired. As you know, I’m a sucker for crime drama, so when Cory asked me to listen to the first episode, I half-heartedly agreed. I figured I’d hate it and wouldn’t listen to a second episode.
Oddly enough, I was sucked in almost immediately [along with the other 3 million+ listeners.] I’ve gone back and forth about Adnan’s innocence and/or guilt tons of times. Cory and I process and debate after each episode, and when we’re done, I call my brother to do the same thing. It’s fascinating.
In the end, I have to agree with Koenig’s final conclusion from last night: as a juror, I’d have to acquit. Do I know for certain that Adnan is innocent? No. I can’t possibly. But I can be certain that there was never enough evidence to convict him and sentence him to life in prison. So there’s a murdered teen and a guy spending his life in jail for a murder we can’t say he committed – and to me, that’s what’s so frustrating.
What are some of your favorite products?!
Did you listen to Serial? What do YOU think?