Happy Sunday, my friends!! I hope your weekend has been filled with fun, loved ones and good food
I wanted to pop in with a little peak into my Sunday afternoon – and the muffin recipe I promised you!
Cory and I had the pleasure of not setting an alarm this morning. It was glorious. After finishing up our last big task on our wedding to-do list, we treated ourselves with an afternoon of hiking on the Buzzard’s Rock trail in Front Royal, VA.
The hour drive was a leisurely one, which is something we don’t experience very often around here Once we started up the trail, I thought the hike would be just as smooth.
We quickly realized we started up the wrong trail when we stumbled upon a picnic area, so we turned back and found the more challenging one.
Friends, it was this rocky for the entire 2 hour hike. I almost face planted on more than once occasion. (Half way up, I realized how bad it would be if I had a busted face or a chipped tooth next weekend.)
It was great to be outside and ‘unplug’ for a few hours. And when I wasn’t scanning the ground for potential face-busting rocks, the view was beautiful.
Now that we’re back, I’m spending the rest of the day lounging around and drinking out of my wedding week cup 😉
But before I go, let me share my blueberry banana muffin recipe with you!
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3 packets of Truvia sweetener
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas ( ~ 1 c)
- 1 c blueberries
1. It always helps if you remember to turn on the oven first 400 degrees, my friends.
2. Combine egg, applesauce, milk and (mashed) banana in a bowl
3. In a second large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, 2 truvia packets, baking powder, baking soda.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Slowly add in blueberries.
5. Fill each muffin cup until it’s mostly full; sprinkle one Truiva packet among the muffin tops.
6. Cook for 20 minutes minutes, or until you can cleanly remove a toothpick or fork from center
Let’s chat –
What’s the best thing you ate this weekend? Check back tomorrow and I’ll tell you all about it!
How are you spending your Sunday?