1. Nothing is ever completely as it seems. [I think in today’s age of social media, it’s even more important to remind ourselves of this on a regular basis.]
2. Rarely is anything ever as bad as you imagine it will or can be.
3. There is so much good in this world. The news and the media can sometimes make it a little difficult to find, but my goodness, once you start looking for it, you’ll see it everywhere.
4. Friendships are fluid. They change and take on different shapes and meanings, and that’s okay. It’s wonderful to let old friends back in, and to let the unhealthy ones go.
5. There will never again be music like 90s music.
6. The size of your body does not determine your self worth (like it, really, really doesn’t.)
7. Abandoning the “should mentality” is on of the best thing you can do for yourself.
8. Being real and unapologetically honest is a lost art, and I wish it would make a major comeback.
9. Adopting “fuck the bullshit” as one of my life mottos has served me well this past year.
10. Make sure you understand the basic principals of personal finance.
11. There is no growth in the comfort zone, and no comfort in the growth zone.
12. Marriage is beautiful and wonderful and so much fun.
13. I’ll never be cool, and I’m cool with that.
14. Having an active savings account is invaluable.
15. It’s scary, and often difficult, to admit when you’re ready to make a major life change.
16. It’s important to surround yourself with positive, passionate people.
17. Asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.
18. Try not to take yourself so seriously.
19. What you think of me is none of my business.
20. Nothing is coincidence.
21. It’s critical to pull your head out of your ass and listen to what God and/or the Universe are telling you. [See #20.]
22. Never apologize for being a ‘heart thinker.’
23. “Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.”
24. Write love notes.
25. Accept compliments.
26. Encourage and uplift others.
27. There is so much left to learn.