Happy Saturday, you beautiful people! Today is my brother’s 24th birthday, so I decided I’d make a list of 24 reasons he’s the best, coolest, most wonderful brother ever.
1. He is hilarious. I belly laugh constantly when he’s around.
2. He’s the life of the party.
3. He has always been cooler than me. In high school, he was in a band. And I… read a lot of books.
4. He’s never met a stranger.
5. I really, really, really love his girlfriend.
7. He has tattoos. He got his first one when he was a teenager (when I was still reading a lot of books.)
8. Brian and Cory are great friends. When the three of us are together, I am undoubtably the third wheel.
10. He taught himself how to play the guitar and the piano. I hated it when we were growing up and he was still learning because our rooms were next to each other. It was miserable…but now that we don’t live together, it’s just great!
12. Even now, if I want for us to be matchy-matchy, he’ll do it.
15. Cory, Brian and I went backpacking in Europe a few years ago. I didn’t think anything of it until so many people said “I wish I could do that with my sibling!” (Inferring that they don’t get along with their siblings.)
16. Sure, I love him, but I really, really like him.
17. He’s colorblind and it’s hilarious. I think we were in high school when I told him that peanut butter wasn’t green.
18. He’s a fun drinking buddy.
19. He wears things like this, and doesn’t ever get punched in the face.
20. He’s generous (especially when he’s drunk.)
21. When we were little, my mom told us that we had to be good friends, because that’s what brothers and sisters do. We listened.
22. My best friends love him, and he easily fits into our group. (By the way, guys, can we go back to New York?)
23. Since forever, his birthday marks a very special day for me…exactly ONE WEEK until MY birthday!
24. Brian, I love you! You’re the best!